An engaging, secure love relationship can be an ongoing source of support and happiness. Good relationships strengthen all aspects of life: your health, your mind, and your work. However, if the relationship isn't supportive, it can be a tremendous drain. Relationships get better or worse depending on how much or how little we understand and invest in them. These tips can help keep a healthy relationship strong, or repair trust and love in a relationship on the rocks.
What you can do
- Communicate what you feel as well as what you think
- Invest in focused face-to-face time together each day
- Show affection through touching, holding hands, hugging, and kissing
- When conflicts arise, be sure to listen to your partner
- Keep the spark alive by exploring new activities together